Thursday, November 23, 2017

Refreshing a skill set

Preparation of this meal is complicated in that there are lots of steps.  It is uncomplicated in that none of the steps are exceedingly difficult.  The trick is in timing everything to be done at the same time.

I haven't peeled potatoes much in the past few years but I have peeled a lot of potatoes in my life.  The technique is quickly relearned.
I have some pretty nice knives but my favorite for potatoes is a really cheap paring knife.  I suspect that it reminds me of the knives of my youth.  I choke up on the handle making the blade even shorter.  It works for me.

We went with a never frozen turkey again this year.
Here's a view of a lot of the stuff on the table and of our special guest.
Here's a look at the grown-ups, Norah is hiding behind her Mom.
It is probably apparent from the view through our patio door that winter has not arrived.  It was sunny and reasonable today, a great Thanksgiving Day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all.

4 comments:

Santini said...

It looks great, a full table is something to be thankful for. Happy Thanksgiving to you all.

Barbara said...

Our special guest was so much fun and very well behaved--a real star. And everyone else was pretty well behaved, too.

Both the turkey and the stuffing were maybe the best ever, but everything was delicious! We even had a yummy new corn dish (thanks, Wireless) and two homemade pies (thanks, Kim).

Most of all, thanks to the chef, GZ.

Santini said...

We had a green salad on the table for maybe the first time ever. No lefse, though.

Emily M said...

We had a great time, thanks for hosting. There is much to be thankful for.