Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Photo dump

Once I got into a scanning mode I scanned.

And I scanned.

And I ended up with more than I needed.

Some of these are really deserving of a look see so I am just going to throw several of them up.

Here is a really old cabin, it is the Anderson farmhouse at Yellow Lake before a later remodeling radically altered the appearance.
The writing on the back of the photo identifies this as Dick's Ranch on November 3, 1912.
The later remodel changed the direction of the roof.

This one is the bridge over the Yellow River looking back towards Dick's Ranch.
Here is the first born cousin of our generation with her parents, Albert, Anita and Leona Hoffman.
And the second born with his mother, Lillie and Tommy Miller.
This one is fairly well known in our branch of the family.
Here is Dad doing what he did a lot of in his life, working with a truck full of lumber.
And this one could fool a lot of people as front and center of the picture are my Dad and Mom and four children.
The writing on the back identifies the date as August 1946 and the occasion as the Sunday Buddy was baptized.  I was born in October 1946.  It is a great family photo though.

Back:  Marian, John Gomulak, Hansine and John McCune
Middle:  Lillie, Louise, Anita Hoffman and probably Richard behind Dad
Front: Jim, Sylvia looking at Mom instead of the camera, Tommy and Tom
The baby is not me, it is Buddy Hoffman.

8 comments:

Santini said...

I think that last one was taken at the Hansen's place -- Nils Olai and Jacobine. It looks vaguely like what I vaguely remember it looking like.

Wonderful old photos, I've seen most of them before, but it's been a long time. And I don't remember having seen the last one before -- it's good to get these saved in this format. For posterity, and such.

Santini said...

I wonder if Anita has that last one....

Gino said...

I think probably Anita has that one. The really old writing on the back says that the sender has the negative in case the receiver wants to keep the photo.

Barbara said...

I knew that baby wasn't cute enough to be you! Looking at him close up, he also doesn't not look like you.

Great, really old pictures.

Santini said...

I like looking at the backgrounds of these, too. That truck/bus crossing the river with a man on the running boards. A narrow bridge, I'd say. The one of Mom in Chicago for the World's Fair, whistling. Does anyone know how to whistle any more? The clothing, it's endlessly fascinating.

Thanks.

Santini said...

Sorry for the endless comments, but is Aunt Louise holding a baby with a blanket over its head? (Charlotte?)

Gino said...

Congregation of cousins on Facebook is identifying location of last photo as Gomulak's. Charlotte remembers the porch, Anita has seen other photos from the same day.

Santini said...

I checked FB this morning and saw the thread. It was nice to have Kevin in the conversation. Consider continuing old photo Wednesday on FB for the cousins, these old photos should be shared. They obviously strike a chord. Every one of Mom's siblings has at least one child that comments on them -- tells me it's well received.

Even Tom comments now and again.