Sunday, November 5, 2017

63 years ago

This one is a steal from Tennis Tousan November 5, 2014.  He labelled that post as "Sixty years ago".
That's Jim, Judy, Sylvia, Carla, Tom and Gene leaning against a car at my Uncle Marvin's.  In his original post Jim surmised that the photo was from summer 1954 and that it might have been our family car in the photo.  He asked for opinions but received none in the comments to his post.  I know I am late but I don't recall any family cars with that roof line.  Based on that, I think that is Uncle Marvin's car.  I know for sure that the two little girls in dresses are Uncle Marvin's daughters.

And now at least sixty-three years ago.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Pretty sure it was 2014, Gino.

He posted the photo on Facebook on the same day, and there was a lively discussion among the Anderson cousins. Judy and Carla were willing to claim the car as belong to their family, but brother Tom said it was our family Plymouth.

Gino said...

I have looked at pictures. It is definitely not a 46, 47, or 48 Plymouth. All of those have the door handle integrated into the chrome strip.

49 possibly but I don't remember us ever having a car that close to new.

Gino said...

Also, I remember that Plymouth as being a darker color than what the car in this photo appears to be, something in the brown family, definitely not white.