Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Four generations

I have three of these in my photo archive, four generations of the same family all in the same photo.

One grouping is male, four generations of George Miller.
Taken somewhere around 1908.  That is George, George Lafayette, George Eugene and George Robert, aka Grossvater, GL, Fritz and Bob.  Bob was born in 1904 which is the background fact for my guess of 1908.

This one was taken in 1946 at the Anderson farm house.
Back row, left to right:  Gloria Hansen, Richard Anderson, Jake Hansen, Nels Hansen.
Front:  Jacobine Hansen (Hansine's mother), Hansine Anderson, Lillie Miller.
Child:  Sylvia Miller.

Four generations in a direct female line, Jacobine, Hansine, Lillie and Sylvia.

And a modern iteration, from 2016.
Opal, Barbara, Norah and Emily, four generations in a direct female line.

5 comments:

Santini said...

I love that first one -- Grossfather looks the part of "sorry bastard" to me.

The second one is great, I like to try to figure out who the shadows are. I'm guessing Dad was one of them, perhaps the photographer. I have one that was taken -- perhaps the same day, given the headscarves, that is the just four females. I think.

Gotta love the last one -- it's a classic. From Opal to Norah Opal in four generations.

Emily M said...

I love this, so much.

Santini said...

You were born in 1946, this looks like fall, and Mom looks "large with child."

Barbara said...

I love the line "From Opal to Norah Opal in four generations" and ALL the pictures.

NCW said...

Thanks for sharing all the great photos during this month, I love seeing them.