Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Election day

In the failing daylight of mid-afternoon I once again exercised my right to vote, joining a handful of my fellow citizens.
Cold here, my fellow citizens (and I) are wearing our winter coats.

It is an off off year, the odd year election cycle that does not even include the likes of state offices.  Today I had the opportunity to vote for school board.  The three incumbents were all seeking re-election.  Apparently they have been doing a good job because they were unopposed.

I demurred.

The other available question was whether I agreed to allow the school board to issue general obligation bonds in an amount not to exceed $144 million.  The money would be spent mostly on maintenance and some upgrades to an aging collection of school buildings.

Elections are secret ballot but I always vote yes on schools.

5 comments:

BDE said...

Me, too. When I went there they told me it had been busy all day. I hope that means that YES voters came out.

Santini said...


It's puffy coat weather here, too.

Wasn't there a Norah story here earlier?

Emily M said...

What happened to Norah's switch? I was going to show Andy.

I mean, still excellent content.

Gino said...

Norah's switch has been rescheduled for tomorrow 10am. I know that I don't have enough material for 31 posts in 30 days so a change was made.

Many apologies to Norah's fans.

Emily M said...

Apology accepted. Norah lives at my house, after all - I get plenty of Norah time. :-)