Thursday, November 16, 2017

Novel concept

This afternoon I went out for a walk and as an afterthought I dropped my bicycle camera into the pocket of my parka.

Yes, parka.  It isn't really winter yet but I do not like being cold.  I own a really high quality winter coat and I have already started wearing it, like, oh, say, every time I go out the door, OK?

Anyway I think I have carried my camera on a walk before but it is certainly not the norm.

So I got a picture that is somewhat representative of the current state of our state.
First the lighting.  The sun hasn't made an appearance here for about a week.  It is always gray.  It gets light pretty late in the morning and it is dark well before 6pm.  In between it is gray.

We have had a couple visits from winter but it has not yet come to stay.  Right now it is fall again but this sign is an unmistakable reminder of what is the come, the season of snow removal.

For myself, I am going for at least one more season with personal snow blowing.  I have a high quality machine.  Commercial snow blowing awaits some time in the future.

Summary for today?

Too dark, not enough sun, getting cold.

Probably there will be good news tomorrow.

2 comments:

Santini said...

It is the dark season, and there's still a month to go before it is done getting even darker.

A good winter coat makes cold weather more bearable, but there's no cure for dark.

We gave in to commercial driveway clearing here years ago, though Lynne's Joe does snow blow the inevitable strip that they leave in front of the garage door.

TOPWLH said...

Accurate succinct summary