Saturday, November 1, 2014

Spooky

Well, my walking fitness is advancing pretty nicely although the fourth day in a row was not pleasant.

We had zero trick or treaters this year.  This shouldn't be too surprising because it is extremely difficult to answer your front door when you are at hockey game.

The hockey went poorly, please do not even ask.

But while out walking last week this was about the spookiest I came upon.
Everyone should keep in mind that a walk covers a very significantly smaller area than a bicycle ride.  So who know what I MIGHT have seen.

I dunno, I am not feeling very committed to this exercise this year.  Someone do something to encourage me.

3 comments:

Jimi said...

Exercise is good for you. Makes you feel better. Walking might not be as much fun as biking, but sometimes you get a better look at the details - and better photo opportunities. Maybe.

Maybe take up bowling. That'll give you some incentive to walk. So you don't have to bowl.

Retired Professor said...

Good photo -- seasonal stuff is always interesting to me.

I've come up empty on the encouragement front. Motivation to exercise has always seemed internally generated to me. Yesterday I ate breakfast, so I "had" to walk -- under my rules, anyway. I also suspect that I bike, in part, because you do. Maybe not, though.

As you know better than I, it's a pick your poison deal. Walk, bowl, jog, swim, join a gym, or Metformin.

We've joined the senior center in Pt. Charlotte and both of us plan to go to their fitness center three times a week. JB has a routine that he's been doing for cardiac rehab that he plans to continue there. Many Medicare supplement plans cover something called "Silver Sneakers" -- though I prefer to do an individual workout. I need some upper body strength, so I'll do that there, probably. I will also continue to walk and bike. Outside is better than inside for me.

Good luck.

jilrubia said...

You want our dog? Nothing like a crazy mutt standing on you trying to eat your arms off to get you going.