Sunday, November 9, 2014

Mmmmm, bacon

Apparently I had it all wrong about the precipitation event.  No sign of it today and now it appears that the real forecast was for Sunday night, hence tonight, not last night.

One thing I did not have wrong was the enthusiasm of the local masses for bringing home the bacon.

We receive two newspapers daily, here are the front pages of the sport sections of the papers that arrived on our front step this morning.
There are a couple of nice photos of the trophy there.

Pause and enjoy, a bronze pig makes an excellent traveling trophy.

I also wish to note that apparently the National Football League has decided that TODAY is Veteran's Day.  I mean can't they even wait for the slightly more traditional Monday celebration of not the real day but the most convenient for taking a day off from work?

11th hour of the 11th day of the 11th month.

5 comments:

Santini said...

The post office is taking Tuesday off, I'm pretty sure.

No one under 50 believes me when I tell them that Memorial Day is May 30th.

Hunker down, it's imminent.

Emily M said...

Andy has Tuesday off, but I don't have any 11/11 related vacation days. It's not quite fair.

I think the St. Paul paper did it better.

Gino said...

I'm mostly with you on the win for the Stpaul. I really, really like the Mpls headline, but the Stpaul one is also good. Where Stpaul clearly dominates is the photo. The Mpls has a photo featuring a celebrating player and an inferior view of Floyd. The photo of Floyd in the Stpaul is much, much superior. And isn't Floyd what the whole thing is all about?

Jimi said...

Mmm, pork chops.

What's with the obsession with bacon in this country?

TOPWLH said...

The picture is definitely better on the PP front page. Floyd!!