Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Did everyone use the same picture today?

Here's mine:
I know how I voted.  I voted early and I voted often.  It's gonna be a good day in my precinct for my preferred candidates.
Yup, looks like I voted 11 times today.

The true story is fairly obviously quite a bit less fun than that I voted often.  Back when I was still reporting to the plant on a regular basis I took to at the end of the work day attaching my "I Voted" sticker to that green bottle.  Each day upon arriving home I would empty my pockets of pocket change and insert the coins into the bottle.  On election day I would go one step farther and pull the sticker off (usually) my necktie and attach it to the bottle.

I haven't been showing up for work for a bit now.  I have now taken to arriving at home after voting and just chucking the newest sticker down next to the bottle.

I vote in EVERY election including all primaries and all minor elections such as school board and city council.  I vote a lot.

I got lots of them.

It is now getting close to the time to hunker down with the giant TV to see how everyone else who voted voted.

10 comments:

Santini said...

I think this common blogging theme happens every year -- or maybe every other year. It's a natural.

My plan is to ignore it all and go to bed. Most of what I want to know will be available in the morning.

Emily M said...

How is the wood floor looking in that old gymnasium?

Gino said...

The floor is very good considering its age. The varnish is getting old but is still mostly intact. I did not notice any warped boards at all around the edges. Of course, I was there to vote, not to do a basketball coach's floor inspection.

On walks a couple of times over the past couple of years I have noticed open gym basketball on I think Wednesday evening. They also still have noon ball a couple of times a week. I suspect that the floor is still getting lots and lots of use for its primary intended purpose, hoops.

Santini said...

Early and often, eh? Just so you know, that happens in Red districts, too. There was confusion among the precinct workers about the numbering of ballots -- they were checking to see if anyone had two of them. No one did, but one guy offered to vote twice if it would help. Our vote tabulation machine didn't work right either -- so there were all sorts of voting irregularities going on.

Gino said...

That sounds like a problem which would be 100 percent solved with voter photo ID.

Jimi said...

I have a bunch of those "I voted" stickers, too. I kept them on a bulletin board, but when the kitchen was demolished I retired the bulletin board to yesterday's news. I hope I can find it around here somewhere.

NCW said...

Nice collection of "I Voted" stickers. I missed mine this year because I voted by mail. Actually I voted twice (but no stickers to prove it.) After I returned my first ballot, I received a second one with a letter explaining that the first one didn't have an important school bond attached, so I filled out the second one and returned it. Hopefully, they only counted one. I love voting often.

Santini said...

We are required to have a photo ID to vote here, though the back of the card I filled out had a form for people who show up without one.

Gino said...

What do you have to put on the card you fill out he asks?

Santini said...

Name, birth date, address and signature.