Monday, November 24, 2014

Appliance blog

In her recent revelation that she has been receiving blogging tips all along whenever BEDFAMM comes around, TCWUTH opines, "But there is also much to be said for a really good toaster, as Gzmoohoo can attest."  Well, actually, yes I can.

I am a huge supporter of the idea of a toaster as a wedding gift or as a housewarming gift.  There is much to be said for a really good toaster.  Part of my fascination with buying toasters for other people probably relates to a lifetime of never having bought a toaster for myself.

Here's why:
My only toaster.

And a second hand toaster at that.

The story is that this was a corporate Christmas gift from my sister's husband's employer shortly after they got married at least several years ago.  I am a little uncertain of the exact details but I think the employer gave them another one a few years later at about the time I was being released from my period of national service.  With a surplus of toasters my sister passed this one along to me.

And there it still sits, my only toaster.

There is much to be said for a really good toaster.

3 comments:

Retired Professor said...

I remember that toaster. The exact details escape me. Amusing post.

Emily M said...

I was kind of hoping you'd do a toaster themed blog after my post. That is a nice toaster. They definitely don't make them like that anymore.

Santini said...

I think they gave us a toaster oven.

That one's gone, too. I think the door quit shutting properly.

We had one from John's parents that we resurrected after that -- I don't know where it is now, but it was in the other house when we moved last year.

The one here and the one in Florida I bought at Target. The same style both places. White with a blue handle, I thought it was cute and funky at the time. I guess I still do.

Toasters. I so rarely eat toast.