Friday, November 21, 2014

Oh Oh Oh Mr. Soul keep on rockin' in the free world.

Oh, oh, oh Mr. Soul, I dropped by to pick up a reason
For the thought that I caught
That my head is the event of the season
Why in crowds just a trace of my face could seem so pleasin'

I was down on a frown when the messenger brought me a letter
I was raised by the praise of a fan who said I upset her
Any girl in the world could have easily known me better

She said, you're strange
But don't change
And I let her.

Stick around while the clown who is sick does the trick of disaster.
For the race of my head and my face is moving much faster.
Is it strange I should change?
I don't know, why don't you ask her?

Neil Young as part of Buffalo Springfield.

Same guy, about 35 years later but still no one else but Neil Young.

Don't feel like Satan
But I am to them
So I try to forget it any way I can.

Keep on rockin' in the free world.
Keep on rockin' in the free world.

Now she puts the kid away,
and she's gone to get a hit
She hates her life,
and what she's done to it
There's one more kid
that will never go to school
Never get to fall in love,
never get to be cool.

Keep on rockin' in the free world.
Keep on rockin' in the free world.

1 comment:

BDE said...

Two of my favorite Neil Young songs. Fun.