Sunday, November 30, 2014

Finale: Publier en deux parties redux

La première partie:  It was not my intention to do a leftovers post but here it is anyway.

I had a turkey carcass, an extra onion, a few baby carrots, and plenty enough celery leftover from making stuffing.  I remember reading to TCWUTH the children's book, "Soup From a Stone".  Well I didn't have a stone but it did look like I had most of the ingredients for soup.

There is a point in the process when most people thicken the soup and add fiber with rice.  This is, I agree, a good route.  Rice is excellent in this capacity.  I also think wild rice would be pretty good for this soup as it would add a bit of depth of color and the always interesting wild rice texture.

But what have become my favorite soups over the past several years are barley soups.

I used barley.
We had some rolls left over as well, brown and serve in this case.

Soup from a stone, fancy that.

 La deuxième partie:  Indeed, the original plan was NewLOOK.

I got this one on eBay at about 40 percent of retail.  It came mostly assembled in a bike box.
Here's what all of that stuff looks like when you first get it out of the box and onto a portable stand.
Yet again, Crown Jewel lurking in the background.

There really isn't much building to do from this point, it is mostly attach the handlebars, insert the seat post and saddle and get the front wheel on in the right configuration.
One again it is 10 speed Chorus.  The only real change I made on this one is that NewLOOK came with a Centaur crankset, I rode that for a year and then eBay hunted a Chorus carbon crank to make it full Chorus.  Unlike my other Chorus bicycles both of which have Mavic brakes, the brakes on this one are Chorus.

How much do I like this bicycle?  Nearly 12,000 miles so far, it is now my principal bicycle.

Final bicycle report:  3,210 miles for the year, exceeding last year's total by about 400.  Any year when you ride more miles than you rode the previous year is a successful campaign.

And that concludes a successful month.

5 comments:

Jimi said...

Amen.

Santini said...

There's always next year.

Emily M said...

Excellent looking soup, and as always - nice bike.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE GOOD READ AND GREAT PHOTOS. PEGGY

Gino said...

You are more than welcome, Peggy.

And thank you for reading.