Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Punitive

It was stone grey overcast when I started today. When I finished it was clear as a bell, sunny and gorgeous. I was at about the half way mark when the change occurred.When a change that great occurs in cloud coverage it is a good bet that there has been an air mass change. When one bunch of air moves out and another bunch moves in it is normal for there to be a lot of wind. Today's wind was extreme. I found it to be probably the hardest wind to ride in since the TRAM ride to Saint Peter, if anyone remembers that. It was always warm enough and mostly pretty pleasant except for the wind. The wind . . .

But I was stopped reading this sign at the rain garden. That's the place where the cardinal flowers grow, although the growing season is over at this particular garden.A cheerful fellow in approximately my peer age group (although maybe a little not) was walking past and inquired if I was having a good ride. I replied that it was very windy, but, yes, the ride was good.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

It's probably safe to say that everyone involved remembers the wind on that day into St. Peter. So that would include the four of us as well as those b***h's. Maybe my worst day on a bike, ever. Or at least the most unpleasant. Or hardest. Or at least a pretty strong headwind for a long, long time.