Thursday, October 28, 2010

Mileage note

No bicycling today. No bicycling yesterday. No bicycling Tuesday. Only half a ride on Monday. No bicycling Sunday.

In reverse order: Sunday rain.

Monday: Just got home in time before it rained.

Tuesday: Extremely high winds and rain.

Wednesday: Extremely high winds and rain.

Today: Still pretty windy and although I may ride in 40 degrees before the end of the year, today it was too big a change from what I have ridden in recently. I decided it was too cold

Today is October 28 and one year ago on October 28, I posted this photo collage.That was the day the mileage total on my bicycle odometer exceeded the mileage on my automobile odometer. Bicycle plus 15. I also note that it was 50 degrees inside my car that day, The car was parked in my garage but even so I think this clearly indicates that last October 28 was a warmer day than today.

Today I performed an odometer mileage update.

Automobile: 20,376. That's 2,755 miles for this year.

I have not ridden that same bicycle as much as in years past, the current total is 19,764. Car takes the lead. Or does it?

Bicycle miles: 234 on the Axis, 306 on my Michigan bicycle, 2,002 on NewLOOK and 19,764 minus 17,636 or 2,128 for FirstLOOK, that all adds up to 4,670 bicycle miles.

Bicycles rule by 1,915 miles.

Of course, I have no job.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Is 4,670 the most miles you've ever ridden in a year on a bicycle?

There may be a few 50 degree temperatures left, but not a lot. November is upon us.