Friday, October 15, 2010

Orange biker strikes again

The average high temperature for this date has reached another milestone, it is now only 59. And October has arrived. I think that today we have reached the average and may even struggle a degree or two above it but it has been a day long struggle. Today I rode out into temperatures in the 50s. It's OK, I have the gear. I was not really the orange biker today, the cool day brought out long sleeved jersey, light jacket and tights.

Even worse is the daylight situation. We now have only 11 hours between sunrise at 7:28am and sunset at 6:28pm. I miss the light more than I miss the heat. I have the gear but I have no way to compensate for too much night.

Too much night. It is depressing.

I rode off into light and variable winds which seemed to me to be mostly south and east and headed down into the big city.

I found flowers again, this time in front of the University President's residence, outside the white picket fence along the River Road. I don't know what they are. Maybe someone else does.I rode on intending to view the river confluence to observe what it looked like now with the flood receded. However the closer I got to the Ford Parkway bridge to Minneapolis the more I considered that this might well be my last opportunity of the season to visit the Falls.Isnt' that sad? Already thinking about lasts of the year.

There is still a lot of water coming over the edge and the Falls looks interesting viewed through the now bare trees.

I have decided to address the tepid response to the world premier of my first ever shot with a cheap point and shoot camera video. Of comments noted to this point, three comments by two separate commenters do not even address this momentous event, choosing instead to focus on the horticultural content of the post. Of the two who have commented, one, the Guest Rider gives a vigorous thumbs up, pronouncing herself to be amused (I assume that's what is indicated by "laugh out loud"). The other who comments on the video, the Master Gardener, gives an equally strong statement, a firm thumbs down, averring that her lifespan has been irrevocably and regrettably diminished by the act of watching the video.

Well!

Well, OK then.

In hopes of redemption I present the video of the year as shot by Wireless and posted on her blog but never previously featured on my blog. Here, from Paris, I present the bells of Notre Dame.

I hope everyone feels better now.

She is better at that than I am. She even posted hers to YouTube.

Tonight in Nantes FC Nantes played a nil nil draw with Ligue 2 co-leader Tours FC. With 10 games now having been played the season is one-fourth complete. With today's result FC Nantes falls to seventh in the table, passed by LeMans. They play again Monday.

EG:59 CB:56 AOWG:68

Other news from the Fairgrounds, currently underway is the Star of North antique show, running Friday through Sunday at the Education building.

No comments: