Monday, October 25, 2010

Not my banana

I like Monday riding so much that even though conditions screamed "rain", I gave it a try anyway. I got back into the garage before I got wet but the mist had become so thick that I was 10 miles short of the distance I wanted to ride.

I saw this on the side of the road and circled back to see if it was what my first glimpse led me to believe it was.It was! It was not my banana. Cigarette butt and edge of the pavement for authenticity. It looks pretty good but I left it there.

Maybe I should have claimed it. The roadside banana looks a bit better than the one I ended up eating after I got home.H-R-Bek (not a noted consumer of fresh fruit and vegetables) for scale.

Andrew Zimmern note: It is only the peel that looks bizarre. The banana inside the peel was just absolutely fine.

2 comments:

I am not a cook said...

Let sleeping bananas lie, is what I say.

santini said...

I read somewhere lately that the riper the banana, the higher the glycemic index. I eat a lot of over ripe bananas, just out of a sense of economy. Maybe I should be throwing more bananas away, and eating the greener ones....