Wednesday, July 15, 2009

What can I say? I like orange.

I am going to say that the racing was quite pedestrian but even so, I thought today's stage of le Tour was one of the best. The chateaux of the upper Loire were spectacular and Paul seemed to have a bit of history for each and every one of them. The race wasn't so good but France was outstanding.

It was pretty dreary all morning and I thought I might be getting another rest day. The wind whipped up and the temperature kept falling even after 9am instead of heading up. But at noon the sun broke through and the day that then ensued was spectacular.

I rode at what is a quite late hour for the new me, hitting the road at about 3pm. The wind was strong but was only an obstacle in that one direction, and only a bit of a bother in one other. Having had a day off yesterday I felt fine and enjoyed the ride.

I found 10 swans a swimming at Lake Vadnais. I like this particular angle because of the fishing bobber in the tree.The news reports last week about the low water at Snail Lake said that there is some sort of connecting pipe between Sucker and Snail so I was kind of looking around to see if that might be interesting at all from the Sucker Lake end. I found nothing and have nothing to report. But I did find a vantage point that shows the lake in a slightly different light.Here is yesterday's bicycle maintenance project at the half way point.What can I say? I like orange.

4 comments:

Jimi said...

That Cavendish guy is having a pretty good TdF. Too bad he's not a climber. But he looks pretty good in green. TT

gfr said...

It looks like you live in the land of lakes.

The orange tires are very funky. Cool, but funky.

Santini said...

From Lance's twitter this am.

"Driving 2 the start. Whattya think? A break makes it 2 the finish 2day? I'm guessing so. Rolling terrain today too. Tomorrow's stage is tuf!"

Windy here today, again. But no rain is supposed to fall.

Anonymous said...

Observation: Twittering makes everyone sound like a 13-year-old girl. BFF's 4-vr!!

Orange is 2 cool.
jilrubia