Monday, July 20, 2009

Ahhhh, Monday morning

Monday might be my new favorite day. Monday is the day that all the people who were hanging around on Sunday disappear back into employment. Monday morning is quiet and serene.

I rode a frequent route but one that I haven't ridden much lately, the River Road down to a turn around up Prior from the river just before the River Road crosses Highway 5. I also deviated a bit and rode down to the Fort Snelling overlook.Those buildings at the right edge are remnants of WWII Fort Snelling. The historical fort is next with the Round Tower on the right end, Colonel Snelling's residence on the left end.

It was a beautiful morning for a ride and unlike usual rides on the River Road, on Monday morning you just don't find much in the way of racer boy. I met a couple but was never once buzzed by one flying past me.

No comments: