Monday, November 9, 2009

Another nice October day

It was about 56 when I started today. I have been a little surprised every day here in this heat wave when I start out. Even with the balmy temperatures and the sun shining it just never seems quite as warm on the bicycle as it looks out the window. This is not a complaint, it was really nice today.

I rode out to Lake Vadnais. I have ridden there many, many times over the past several years. Earlier this year I for the first time ever encountered a boat on the waters of the lake. Nothing is ever unique I guess, today I saw it again, a boat on Lake Vadnais.It was another beautiful light day. These ducks came in close to shore to let me have a good look at the green head of the male.There was a guy in town who was quite a bit older than me and who biked quite a few more miles than me. His obituary is in the Strib today and includes this information:

"At age 78, Schultz rode more than 5,000 miles, and he was on track to do the same this year when he died unexpectedly earlier this month."

Good on you Herb Schultz, RIP.

This evening in France FC Nantes suffered a home defeat to Guingamp. FC Nantes falls to fourth in the table, outside the promotion zone for the first time in many weeks.

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Herb Schultz was a gamer. That's a lot of miles. I wonder what got him, he sounds too tough to die. TT

Retired Professor said...

I echo TT's comments. 5,000 miles a year at 78? Fit and active right up until he died. Way to go, Herb. Literally.