Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Another day with new material

It's November and I have to blog every single day. Sometime during the month I am going to have to reuse previously used material but not today. It wasn't quite as warm today as it has been but the temperature was still 12 degrees above normal, plenty nice enough for yet another November ride. I rode today for the fourth day in a row, the second four or more days in a row THIS MONTH, the first time I have ridden this many days in this short a time since September.

It was a south wind so I headed over to the river again. It was pretty much the same as many other rides over there. Except that today is Veteran's Day so there were a few more riders out there that I haven't seen for a while.

In particular there was one quite strong young man on a nice Cervelo who let me wheelsuck behind him for a bit and who then waited at the turnaround point for a pleasant bit of conversation before he continued on along on his intended route.

Turnaround was at the overlook above the confluence of the Misssissippi and the Minnesota.According to the plaque there, T. S. Eliot asked "At what point in the river's course does the Mississippi become what the Mississippi means?". The plaque answers that this is the spot.

Here's another view down into the gorge showing the sun glistening off the waters of the river, another really nice October day in November.It was not warm enough and it was windy, this makes for hard work riding. But I felt pretty good and it was a good ride.

Noon+:45 EG55 CB51 WG59
Noon+2:30 EG55 CB53 WG60

Is anybody else as fascinated with this data collection as I clearly am? It's OK, I didn't think so.

5 comments:

Retired Professor said...

Reusing material is well within the blogging parameters.

Cervelo rider anybody you knew?

Was Jimi down the bank from where you turned around?

Tennis Tousan said...

Nope, I was at Como looking for ducks. TT

Anonymous said...

Will there be temperature related histograms any time this month? Talk to your data guy...

jilrubia

Emily M said...

The Cervelo rider was indeed a familiar face - Andy sent me a text about it after the fact. I'm glad it made the blog. Apparently he recognized the Look before anything else. :-)

I like the temperature data. You could even make some sort of graph or chart or something. That'd be fun.

gfr said...

I like the long shadows in the last photo. The lighting this time of year is interesting.