Monday, November 30, 2009

30 days, 30 posts

It's harder than it sounds.

Today was a little cold according to the standards for riding that I have stated here recently. Then there is the fact that I have declared the season most likely over. But what the heck, it was 9 degrees above average for this date, I have the gear. Plus I checked the BikeLog and I had 494 miles for this month. It seems very unlikely that I will get anywhere near 500 miles in November ever again. Bicycling ensued.

I didn't want to get too far from home in case the cold wimped me out so I did a prolonged series of loops in and around the Fairgrounds. This is another one of those views that is mostly obscured during the foliage season. I like the tower outlined against the grey sky even as sunshine hits the front of the building.I found this one at Northrup Street and Folwell Avenue in the part of Falcon Heights sometimes referred to as University Grove. I haven't seen this particular expression before.In addition to being able to subtract my mileage (but from what he wonders) I was rewarded for being out by coming across this deal. I had never seen one of these in person before and frankly, I wasn't even sure what it was at first.The key for me in making the identification was that this thing has a Minnesota boat license number on its front end (Do you call it a "bow" when it is a hovercraft?).

It was a pretty good ride. My toes were not completely comfortable by the time I got home but it wasn't an extremely big deal. The fronts of my thighs weren't completely happy on the into the wind segments. It was mostly OK and the new record for miles ridden in November is 520.

No comments: