Friday, November 25, 2016

Turkey shovel

Photo taken on Thanksgiving morning.
Well, not this year.  2010.

But it is good to keep in mind what is possible in dealing with what actually is.

This year?  Well, I am thinking that bicycling has a chance of breaking out tomorrow.  I was out of the house doing some grocery shopping and took the time to drive on most of the streets where the first 3 or 4 miles of a bicycle ride would occur and those streets were mostly pretty dry.

Possible high temperatures tomorrow in the mid-40s?  It is just barely possible that we have no yet reached the no bicycles beyond this point.

For those interested I also drove past the house with the blue tarp instead of a roof and they are still relying on the blue tarp.  Today the weight of the snow was causing the tarp to sag.  I am mystified.

It is also worth noting that it can get worse.  This one was taken two weeks after the above photo. 
I was out shoveling yesterday.  I still have that blue parka, I still have those Sorel boots, I was still wearing those choppers.

I have moved on from that shovel.  You just cannot scrape aluminum against concrete and expect it to last for six more years.

When I first published the top photo in 2010 I included in that post a link to a video of Judas Priest doing Diamonds and Rust.

Joanie recently had her 75th birthday and sang her song in concert with the assistance of Judy Collins.

Nice.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Great moments in song. They still know how to execute their craft. Neat.

Good luck -- a post Thanksgiving ride is rare. I haven't ruled one out either -- I'd like 10 more miles for a nice round (ish) number.