Wednesday, November 9, 2016

Plus one

For myself and others among us who wondered if the sun would come up today, it did.  And here is evidence that it went down again as well.
I found this on social media.

It wasn't an original by but it was shared by one of my cousins so I guess it is OK for me to share the content here even though I am not sharing the actual image.

Content edited by me because this is MY blog and in here the artist retains total artistic control over the work product.

"Long after this election is over Trump and Hillary will still be rich.  Half of us will be able to claim we "won".  The other half will have 4 years to say "that's why I didn't vote for ______".

Just remember that in the America where WE live, we are what makes this country what it is, not the President.  He/she will not stop crime in our neighborhoods, he won't stop people from stealing your identity, and she will not stop any one from shooting up our local schools.  Hillary will not come teach your child right from wrong, but you can.  Trump will not come to your home and teach her math, but you can.  WE as a UNITED people with sound morals, values and ethics can make this country whatever we want.  Vote for whomever you want, but remember WE are the ones who shape our communities, not them."

To paraphrase Carl Spackler in Caddyshack, "so at least we got that going for us, which is nice."
Gunga galunga, gunga gunga lagunga.

Postscript:  Despite my rant from a couple of days ago the Constitutional Amendment was approved by about 75-25.  See above for my reaction.

1 comment:

TOPWLH said...

I love that quote and yes, at least we have that going for us. Nice to have a laugh via Bill Murray.