Thursday, November 25, 2010

I'm Dreaming of . . .

The morning newspaper reported that today was the first white Thanksgiving since 2003. I checked my bicycle log and last year I rode both the day before and the day after Thanksgiving. Tomorrow doesn't look likely and yesterday clearly didn't happen. Instead today I shoveled. I am always a little surprised at how hard shoveling is the first few times I do it each season. Fortunately yesterday's accumulation was minor and even though harder than I expected today's shoveling was well within acceptable levels.I am nearly finished there so I was back inside shortly thereafter. My turkey duties this year for the first time had been handed over to TCWUTH. I wasn't completely cut out of kitchen chores as I still peeled potatoes, prepared vegetables and carved the turkey. But Wireless tackled the preparation and roasting of the turkey and performed admirably. Check out her report for details of the big event of the day.

Happy Thanksgiving to all, especially those at Rekdal Skule and those covered with diamonds (and rust).

2 comments:

Jimi said...

Thanks for another helping of diamonds and rust. And for a tasty Thanksgiving feast.

Santini said...

Brrrr. I see you have appropriate gear for shoveling. I especially like the high top boots. Lined? Waterproof? Non-slip bottoms? Good choice for a tundra dweller.

It was good to talk to you yesterday. I appreciate getting the benefit of your hard earned experience.