Wednesday, November 30, 2016

Finale

It has been a very interesting November.  The first two and a half weeks were sunny most of the time and dry.  It started as the warmest November on record with an average high in the 60s, 20 degrees above the usual averages.  On the 18th a statewide blizzard struck with thunder, lightning and hail in the morning and for us here in the big cities some wet snow in the afternoon along with a howling wind.  Since then the month has been a little more typical with more cloudy days and then rain falling for six days.  Hail, thunder and lightning was repeated this Monday.  We will end with the second warmest November on record.

It was winter there for a while but today it is pretty clearly back to late fall.
Only one tiny bit of snow visible next to the mailbox post.

And the grass is still green.

And so today it ends, another NaBloPoMo, or as it came to be known among my blogging siblings and I, National Blog Every Day for a Month Month.

Who knows for sure when I will be back here.  Tomorrow if I can fit in a bicycle ride, probably later if not.  But return I shall.

My last act for November, here is another scan, this one of a photo I didn't have yesterday.  TOPWLH brought the photo home with her today after she and her siblings completed the apartment clean out.
Their wedding day picture.

4 comments:

BDE said...

I noticed that tiny patch of snow and was wondering what you were taking a picture of out there.

I love that photo of mom and dad and all of the ones you posted yesterday. I certainly was lucky to have those two all these years.

Emily M said...

Excellent finale. I'm so glad you guys continued the tradition this year - it is/was the 10th year, which just seems crazy! Thanks for all the fun.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU FOR THE FUN READING MONTH PM

Santini said...

Good job, Gino. Very good job.