Monday, November 21, 2016

Cold today, snow predicted for tomorrow

I thought I might take that front wheel with the new green tire out to the garage and mount it on the currently one wheeled orange tire bicycle out there and get a photo.  Instead I decided that old photos are good photos and decided to post a couple of them.  These are all photos taken by my brother and sent along to me over the years as scans.

The first one is in Jim's backyard, his information identifies the date as 1980.  Under the original maple tree as differentiated from the maple tree that is there now.
And three photos from 1982 at Deer Lake.  This one isn't that great of me but my bride is luminescently beautiful.
I think there was some badminton or something played the next day and this is a moment from that.
Later on that same day near the main lodge.
I don't think I have any of the baby girl's first trip to the State Fair but this is her first appearance at Tulip Time, I think 1985.  I do know that that stroller is the same stroller we used for her first trip to the State Fair so it is about the same time.
Old photos are fun.

4 comments:

BDE said...

I love these pictures and remember them all. Deer Lake was so fun. Look at Nancy! And Johnny and Sylvia have matching plaid pants.

Oh, and I forgot that Sylvia brought Elvis along to Jim's that year. What a great looking group under the old maple tree.

Santini said...

Old photos are great. I remember all those people, sort of.

More proof, as if we needed it, that time does not stand still.

Emily M said...

Well these are just fun. Those plaid pants!

Santini said...

You can't tell from the photo, but mine were bell bottoms. Very trendy at the time.