Thursday, November 10, 2016

Extraordinary

The average high temperature for today is 45.  Today while I was out riding I saw a time/temperature display indicating 68.  Extraordinary.

It was little too windy though.

I got a start downhill into the wind.  This route when I am riding east with a tail wind comes within a mile of so of home.  I wasn't happy with rolling resistance so I stopped at home and pumped my tires.

Stopping at home after 8 miles severely limits how far you can go.  Wind conditions led me north and I got as far as Island Lake Park.  They have some new benches.
This is also Island Lake but not in the park.  That's a willow tree, bucking the trend by not only retaining its leaves but still sporting a lot of green.
It was warm enough to be sure but one thing about November, as soon as the sun is past peak position in the sky the warmth goes away pretty fast.

Still, it was extraordinarily extraordinary, a really nice day.

2 comments:

Santini said...

That's a cool bench photo, with the leaves surrounding the bench and the low light angle.

68 in November is hard to fathom.

Emily M said...

It was just an unbelievably gorgeous day. I feel like each of these nice days is probably the last one before winter descends, and then we get another one... We're being spoiled this year, clearly.