Friday, November 4, 2016

Artist retains total artistic control over the work product.

The post title is already over there on the left on the masthead so this is not anything new.

I note that nearly everyone who cares has already seen these photographs.  Wireless has posted these on her social media page and on her baby pictures website.

I just interject them here to stake my claim as the photographer.

Both photographs include four generations in the direct female line, mother to daughter to granddaughter to great granddaughter.
Only a very small percentage of baby girls ever make skin to skin contact with their mother's mother's mother.  Here is one who has as the baby reaches out to her great grandmother.
I was there, I took the photos and it was extremely sweet.

Usually I assert copyright protection over everything I post here.  I am not going to assert my copyright on these photos though.  TCWUTH asked me in an e-mail if she could use them and I responded that they were hers to do with as she pleased.  I think she owns them now.

4 comments:

Emily M said...

I don't think I could love these photographs any more than I already do. As you point out, 4 generations in the female line all together in once place is just exceedingly rare. I'm glad we've got to do it a few times already.

Santini said...

These are priceless photos, and the photographer should be proud. Might I suggest that you have some paper copies made? We've had the discussion about electronic versus paper media, I believe. Walgreens, Target and others let you upload your photo file and order prints on-line pretty easily. I've done a lot of it myself of late.

BDE said...

Santini, I have been making paper copies and giving them to mom and Emily and putting them in a little album that I keep in my car and bring to most events!

I use our local Target and it is so easy as you said. They are ready an hour after I order them. Life is good.

Santini said...

BDE -- I like having some paper copies of some photos, too. I hadn't bothered with it much for years, but have recently decided that there are some photos too precious to risk losing to electronic failures.