Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Curling

Today was yet another November day nice enough for bicycling.  Two things kept me from trying for one of the two rides that I still want.  First, late season bicycling condition isn't quite like middle of July bicycling condition.  I am finding riding two days in a row with this level of conditioning is a chore.

Second, I already had some fairly significant exercise planned for after the sun went down.
Substituting on the Flaherty rink for the 6pm draw.  We did OK for a while, 2-2 after four ends, but then we faded.  After a round of "good curling, thanks for the game" we left the sheets to the 7:30 draw.

A good time was had by all.  Which is sorta the point of curling.

4 comments:

Santini said...

Ah, curling. Some fun now, eh?

Your weather forecast looks pretty dire. All we have is gale warnings and a possibility of a couple of inches of snow. It's almost time to hunker down.

Emily M said...

I miss curling. If they ever need any additional subs, they can add me to the list! Looks like fun.

BDE said...

Maybe you can both sub some day. I will not miss that!

NCW said...

I'm glad curling has started, it's time for Half Time Rec and celebrating wins and losses! Your cheerleaders are ready!