Saturday, November 5, 2016

Last day of DST for this time

And what a glorious day it was!  I am preparing myself for this whole spring forward, fall back deal but that process moved into the background as we had one of the nicest days in the history of days.

This first one is a little fuzzy and a little early in the ride.
AccuWeather is reporting the current temperature to be 72F.  The morning newspaper reports that the average high temperature for this date is 48F.

72!  Less than 3 weeks to Thanksgiving Day and 72.

With weather this nice today's ride ended up being a destination ride.  It might be the last one of the year.  With light ESE winds I made another trip to the Falls.
The crowd was huge for just about any day of the year, unbelievable for November.

I hadn't planned on this but having gotten that close I decided to see if the baby could come out to play.
But it was such a completely wonderful day that the baby and her parents were out outdoor recreating themselves.  They were on a walk that apparently included a stop at a neighborhood shoe store.  I got a text with a photo of baby's new shoes, I wonder if that will get posted somewhere.  So I didn't get to see the baby girl today but I did notice that the yard work seems well under control.  That maple on the front boulevard is still going to drop a bunch of leaves though.

Some observers may note that at the current time on FirstLOOK I am palping tires in an orange colorway.  There is a story but I think I will save that for a day when I need content.  Today I have lots of content.

Including a late season appearance by the cows.
Cows of Autumn.

Spring forward, fall back, I got it.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Cows!

So baby needed a new pair of shoes?

Emily M said...

Needed? No. Our original errand was for shoes for dad. Baby's shoes are mostly to keep her socks on her feet come winter. Plus, adorable!

BDE said...

Too bad the baby could not come out and play but good that they were out enjoying the day. I am jealous because I had to be indoors most of the afternoon, but even mowing/mulching the lawn at 5:00 was glorious.

That would be an autumnal cow photo according to Santini. Very lovely.