Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Water solid form

We've had some snow so this isn't like the first appearance of the season of water in a solid form.  Snow, as most of us know, is water falling from the sky in a solid form.

 *pause*

Most of us DO know that, right?

*pause*

OK then, on with the show.

This is the first time this season for me when a little splish of water along the edge of the street has been transformed by the conditions at ground level into something more solid.
*sigh*

Oh, well, on with show.

I thought I might be able to help with this quest but on closer examination I find that I have launched off in a completely new direction.
The new direction is plastic decorations left on the door step long after the holiday season is over.  I believe that I may be able to expand further in this direction with relative ease because I cannot help but notice that there are plenty of people around about here who never take down all of the Christmas lights.

On a related note, considering the first photo and the condition of water at ground level, I wonder if that household is going to regret not having taken that hose in yet.  That hose and whatever residual water it contains is probably every bit as solid as those fake jacks up on the porch.

2 comments:

Santini said...

That hose will probably be okay if it was disconnected. My hose and reel are still outside, but both ends are on the ground, so the hose is empty. At least I assume so.

We skirted ice patches on our walk this morning, too. Temperatures in the 20's for the first time this season.

Nice post.

Jimi said...

I've seen those plastic decorations in my neighborhood, too, and I've been nearly fooled until I got close to them. There are going to be a lot of plastic Christmas decorations soon, too, so your new quest should reap rewards. There are also plastic witches hovering in some parts of town.