Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Harbinger

That reddish orange breasted thrush that everyone is always going on about is fine but for a bicyclist nothing can compare to this as a first sign of spring.The first street sweeper, this one on Snelling near Larpenteur.

It was a gorgeous day, sunny and warm enough. The wind was present but not excessively punitive. It was a good day for bicycling (and for street sweeping). My fitness is OK, today I completed the full ride, probably the earliest in the season that I have ever done so.

I rode mostly in the neighborhood, choosing to keep most of my travel in an east or a west direction to avoid south, the direction having the most wind. Later in the year a route like today would feel too much like riding in circles but today it was OK because for nearly everyone of those streets it was my first time this year riding it.

I had a couple of photos of these pieces of wood back in December. I just thought the contrast to today's scene was interesting.The snow is almost gone, the big logs are still there.

And, a Gzmoohoo four star recommended new act as seen last week on one of the popular late night variety shows:

I would give them five stars for this song if they weren't so new because I like it a lot. Five stars shall be reserved for "let's see you do it again". But, this one, I like a lot.

Um, does the lead singer have a rabbit's foot hanging from his belt loop?

1 comment:

Santini said...

Full ride already? I'm impressed.

Somebody needs to do something with those logs.