Saturday, April 23, 2011

Unremarkable

It was an unremarkable day. The overcast lightened a couple of times but never really parted. The temperature AGAIN declined to rise to within 15 degrees of average for this date (which is now 61F). There were sprinkles left over from yesterday's rain event still occurring as late as breakfast time this morning. It was cold and still damp enough to be raw.

It is hard to get a decent photo on a grey day but the Lake Owasso white pictured a couple of days ago was still in the same area and is obviously a little less shy than the Owasso blue.The last photo of that bird caused TOPWLH to accuse me of faking a wildlife photo with an inanimate object of some kind. I trust that this one looks real enough to convince her that the bird is an actual bird.

I realized as I rode to this spot today that a visit to the pet cemetery is an annual event. Today I realized for the first time that CoCo and BonBon were from the same litter. BonBon outlived CoCo by just the twelve and a half years.The unusual thing about today's ride is that the pet cemetery is a destination that I reach every year, but for some reason I only make it over there at about this time of year. I think the deal is that later in the year the weather is more stable. Any time I head north in June or July I can pretty reliably count on the northern lakes being accessible. Today with 45 overcast and raw I guess I didn't want to get too far from home. Riding around in circles looking for miles without always riding the exact same streets leads me at least once a year to the pet cemetery.

1 comment:

Retired Professor said...

Nice ride report. Gray days, riding in circles, pet cemeteries, may seem unremarkable, but I can relate to them all. Except for the pet cemetery part, but I do have the Ventura cemetery on one of my loops.