Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Look at me, I'm in Minneapolis

Today was another day wearing shorts. I rode to Minneapolis. As is usually the case when I head that direction I passed through the Fairgrounds on the way.

Apparently letting nature take its course is not the plan of attack for the giant snow pile. Today they had heavy machinery up on the pile working at spreading it around to let the now powerful sun have better access.The result is that there is much increased snow melt run off going down the street into the drain.

Video is apparently the way to go now so I tried again. I sorta have the hang of getting the video started but as you shall see, there is a bit of user error at the end.

Don't worry I'll get the hang of it.

I rode to the Stone Arch Bridge, definitely in Minneapolis. I am aware of all of the talk about flooding but even so this was a bit of a surprise. I have never seen anything even approaching this level of flow over Saint Anthony Falls.And just to prove that the video skills are improving:

I like the mist rising off the water at the base of the falls.

Some readers may be interested in this information from the Fairgrounds.The next display on the message board indicated that there will also be a Military Relic Show over there this weekend. I had no idea that I was going to be there and I certainly didn't know I was going to be in a show.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Nice video! The snow plow one looked dangerous. And the mist beneath the falls was cool.

Antique? Or military relic?

Jimi said...

Nice raging river video. The sound helps make it more dramatic. I'll have to take a trip over there to see the excitement.

jilrubia said...

Just how dang old does something need to be before it is a 'relic'? It's sure older than ‘memorabilia’ and almost probably older than an ‘artifact’. Have some dusty, creaky fun this weekend!

btw, thanks for the heads up about the antiques!