Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another recognized sign of the season

Today we relearned that doing the work three days in a row is also pretty hard. The third day was maybe a little bit easier than the second day but it was still definitely harder than the first day.

But it was the nicest day so far, temperatures reaching the low 60s with a medium SE wind.

EG:60 CB:59 AOWG: 69. Those readings were early in the ride, by the time I finished I had shed my jacket, a first for this year.

I headed down into the big city but first passed by this reminder:I got into the big city without making a deep penetration. This was about the south limit of the ride, just beyond Marshall Avenue, looking back upstream at the bridge.I decided to start practicing for possible summer excursions.From a distance I thought the butterfly sanctuary looked like it needed to be burned. Instead I found flowers.The plural of crocus? Those are crocus, aren't they?

3 comments:

santini said...

Definitely crocus.

The river looks like it is running high.

TOPWLH said...

Nice pics. It has been gorgeous here the last couple days. I look forward to riding around that round-about.

Emily M said...

I don't think that giant snow pile is going anywhere anytime soon.

Having said that, the rest of the ride looks LOVELY. Nice yellow flowers. And, of course, goofy roundabout sign-age is always one of my favorites.