Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Clean up

I haven't been outside much the past couple of days due to the cold. I mall walked for exercise (ewwww!) and did just a little clean up shoveling.

Clean up shoveling will be familiar to everyone who lives in this climate. The first day of the snow emergency is dedicated to opening the snow emergency route, re-establishing contact with civilization. In my case that means getting the driveway open.

Clean up work follows. The winter is far from over and the driveway has to be brought up to regular maintenance standards (as determined by me). This involves moving the edges back where they belong and dealing with the driven on compacted snow in the tire lanes. This is necessary to assure that as more snow arrives I will be able to continue to get the driveway open as needed.

So clean up shoveling. But today I got out for a walk. I live in the suburbs where conditions are much better than in the core cities. Still, it is a mess out there.

Here is a before the stormand an after the storm look at that tree removal project shown last week.They didn't pick up any of those pieces that now appear to be missing. Not picked up, covered up.

We are anticipating some blogging from a completely different climate. I will post a link here when it this becomes available.

2 comments:

snow bird said...

Free Wi-Fi on Delta. Commenting on your blog in flight. It's a longish day.

Ewwww.

Santini said...

About this whole mall walking thing. I've begun to notice that, like biking, when multiple people show up and do the same thing at the same time, it starts to look like a race. The last time I mall walked, Tuesday, I think -- the clear winner was a skinny guy in sweats and a blue tee shirt. Very brisk walk, almost a race walk. I was behind a woman in a red sweater who sped up when I started to close the gap. All the people walking the Holland mall are gray heads, too, so racer-boy syndrome doesn't quite fit. I wonder if that behavior is universal, or if it applies just to the Dutch?