Thursday, April 30, 2009

Never enough for pants

The rain continued well into this morning but still stopped in plenty of time to dry up before I finished work for the day. The drying off was helped along by a brisk wind.

The sun was out several times during the afternoon but by the time I rode it was mostly pretty overcast, windy and rude.This picture was taken just before or just past the turnaround point (depending on how you define turnaround point). Those are the railroad tracks along Soo Street in Shoreview, just on the far side of Lake Owasso. This particular view actually looks a little bit better than the typical sky cover. There was never quite enough blue to make a Dutchman a pair of pants.

Overall, April was mostly dry with below average temperatures. It was mostly dry, which means that I got off to a good start on the annual mileage goal. Lots of the miles were hard miles. There are still lots of miles to go, but, as always, there will come a time later in the year when I will be glad that I rode the miles that I did in April.

1 comment:

gfr said...

It has rained here 10 of the last 11 days. Boo. Cold and windy miles are hard miles any time of year, I think. Harder when you're still not at your peak fitness.

Ah, RR tracks. A good topic for photographs. I'll have to find the spot on my veloroutes map. For some odd reason I enjoy that.