Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Coffee and cows

It was 59 again today but there is talk that it may be 82 tomorrow. A temperature shift of that magnitude is most often accompanied by unusual weather. The sky tonight looked pretty strange so I decided to try to get my allotted miles in while remaining relatively close to home. I guess I didn't stay all that close as I visited three other municipalities (Shoreview, Falcon Heights and Saint Paul) in addition to Roseville. But I didn't get anyplace particularly exotic. The sky was always interesting looking but the weather cooperated by also not doing anything particularly exotic.

The Roeville library is closed for a major expansion. I am guessing that stages of the construction will be featured here from time to time. This is what it looks like now with construction about to begin.Our library has a coffee shop in the building. Somewhat oddly it seems to me, the coffee shop remains open even though the library is closed. As a result you have to be really careful if you ride through the parking lot as I occasionally do. The library has no patrons but there are still a fair number of cars, coffee customers. People stopping off at 5 or 6pm for another shot of caffeine are probably not going to be the most calm and mellow people on the planet. I ride with caution.

I just missed with this photo. I was trying to line up the cows and the sun. As I approached the sun was still behind that cloud bank. It looked really cool about the time I stopped my bicycle but by the time I got the camera out the sun had dropped out of the clouds.I still like it, I guess, but it isn't quite right. I suspect I will try again probably a few times before the season is over.

1 comment:

gfr said...

It is still a pretty interesting cow photo. It sounds like a nice, mellow ride. Non-caffeinated, I assume.