Monday, April 27, 2009

Cold again

Yesterday was an all day rain including occasionally very hard rain. Today was cold again and with that much moisture in the environment it was a raw cold.

But I have the gear and I was never cold.

The sun never really broke through the haze. But at one point it almost did, everything brightened noticeably. I was near Lake Owasso so I hightailed it down to lake's edge to try to get a picture.The photos out over the lake were too gray so I settled on this one. It is of the beach on the north end of the lake, looking mostly towards the sun but also looking in the only direction in which I could get some interesting cloud formations in the shot.

Spring has sprung.
The grass has riz.
I wonder where
My lawnmower are.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a nice photo. Makes me want to start digging out my biking outfits and thinking about joining you. It will be over 65 degrees again soon, right?
BB

gfr said...

Nice photo of Lake Owasso -- lighting is tricky at the tail end of the day.

I plotted out your route to Lake Vadnais on veloroutes.org/bikemaps/
just for fun -- as best as I can remember it. It has elevations on it, and you live near the high point. Downhill to Vadnais, uphill on the way back. Net, net.

Old poem, but a good one.