Thursday, April 9, 2009

Chore

Today I finished off that three straight days of 20+ miles that I was hoping to do last weekend. I didn't get it done after deciding last Saturday that it was too cold. Today was also too cold. Mission accomplished, chore completed.

All of the miles that I ride on the spring bike are hard work. That is part of the reason for having that bike. The low pressure tires make for more rolling resistance, a harder task to maintain speed and pile up miles. So I am going to blame the bike for today's ride being hard. It was really hard, for the second time this spring I was running out of gas on the inward leg.

I made the northern swing into that persistent cold north wind but tried to find a different route back. This is Lake Josephine from across the street from where Allison used to work (the Dairy Queen).It's too cold, it's too hard to ride this bike, woe is me, woe is me.

Nah, actually I love my bike. As always, once the ride was over I started to feel pretty chipper. Tired, but chipper.

Shout out to French Canada, hope you arrived safely and maybe even already had some fun.

1 comment:

Santini said...

Your streets have been swept and you're still riding the Axis?

Really nice photo.

It is hard to ride in the cold.