Monday, June 30, 2008

Japanese tree lilacs

Today while at work I was looking out the window and noticed that there are a couple of those white flowering trees on the boulevard across the street. I asked around among all of the suspected plant people. No one knew what it was but as I proceeded down the row of cubicles a couple of them googled behind me.

They are Japanese tree lilacs. Apparently they do not bloom in profusion every year which may be why I never noticed them before. This year seems to be an on cycle year. As I noted previously a couple of my neighbors have them. So today as I finished up my ride I pulled into John and Betsy's driveway and eventually got this nice shot of the one next to their house.They are very, very fragrant, extremely pleasing.

While I was framing up the photo another of my neighbors took an interest and pointed out to me the rose bush blooming next to HIS house. The bush is just a tiny bit past peak but these are spectacularly nice Roseville Roses.The month ends. I have no milestones to report this month but it was a good month, I rode lots of miles. I feel strong and today when I rode I even felt a little bit fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's a very fragrant entry.

Anonymous said...

The tree lilacs seem to be a lot of places near here, too, now that you've brought them to my attention. The city planted them on the boulevard on St Clair from Victoria to the 35E ramp. They do smell pretty good. TT