Saturday, June 21, 2008

No damn cat, no damn cradle.

Yesterday I made my final check in with the jury pool. I was relieved of further duty. I had a week of jury duty and never got out of the waiting room. I have no impressions, nothing at all to report except that the tint on the jury waiting room TV is horribly out of adjustment and the chairs are not too comfortable.

The morning was spectacularly beautiful and then it was really nice all day long. In fact, of the 24 hours there were about 23 and a half when I could have ridden my bike. I like to ride my bike. During that moment when my job allowed me to ride a squall blew through and rain fell.

No jury, no bike ride.

Today I thought it would be easy to get a picture of one of the old cars. *sigh* That didn't work out either.

Here is a picture of the TOPWLH. We rode pretty much the same route as last week but without the headwind issues. What wind there was was a head wind on the way out and not so brisk as to be unmanageable.In contrast to last week when she was collapsed next to the seedling corn, this week she demonstrates that her strength has returned (and the corn is starting to thrive).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

It is a lot more fun without the wind. Nice corn.