Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Winter storm

Here is my photo from last November 10 when winter began.
November 10 this year was a nice enough day for a bicycle ride although the wind was again unfair.

So winter storm not although predictions for tomorrow are for a hard cold rain.  We all know that at this latitude at this time of year that sort of thing can in a hurry end up looking like the above photo.

We did not participate in the municipal leaf pick up this year, for the first time since we moved out here and discovered the service.  Times have finally changed enough to force the city to cancel the pick up after this year.  So we missed the last big pile of leaves.  As an aside here the reason why we missed is that we were scheduled first this year and as we know favorable growing conditions this year led to the trees being late to drop their leaves.  Pick up was due on Wednesday when on Monday we looked at our trees and noticed that almost no leaves had fallen.

That is no longer true and there are some people who have accumulated big piles of leaves.
Big construction news for anyone wishing to travel from south of here to visit our abode.  The construction project at Deadman's Curve is finally officially over, the street and the double curve under the double overpass are completely back in service.
Actually we should have known this.  The GRider and I rode through there yesterday and pavement was complete, the only thing going on was men putting down lane and other street markings.  Can you see the green box there on the other side of the intersection?  There are several of those now on that stretch of street.  My understanding of green box is attention car, possible bicycle presence, no stopping on the green box ever, no exceptions, cars forbidden.

Or something like that.

I too took a cruise through my photo folders and discovered that I also have a TRAM 2003 folder.  I am pretty sure Bob is in there.  Probably before the month is over I will post some of those provided I can find any that are not too deeply duplicative of the photos already posted by staff.

3 comments:

Santini said...

I don't think I have anything from 2003, though I haven't looked through some really old folders. It's a shame, because there are a few good stories from that year -- especially that day riding into St. Peter. And the following day, leaving it. Some good hills that ride, too. In and out of the Minnesota River Valley. And I think there was some wildberry pie.

That first photo makes me wince. You know it's close, but I just don't want to believe it.

BDE said...

Santini, are you referring to the bitches that stole our men?! That was SO funny (and true).
And for sure there was pie the evening you slept with your bike (actually really close to it) in that small cabin in some small town. Staff and I (and probably others) went out for dinner and pie for you.

Santini said...

BDE -- The bitches that stole our men story is a favorite of mine.