Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Free space

If I recall Bingo correctly (and how would it be possible to not recall Bingo correctly, there is virtually nothing to recall) that center square on the card is the free space.

If you set aside each November as a blog every day for a month month, then it is a good thing to get a free space.  Particularly if you can get that free space early, like on the first Tuesday.

Someone check the archives, I think this post or at least something very much like this post has been done before.  Today is the free space.
Lens cap for scale.

I was out riding earlier in the day.  This is not actually where I vote but it is a place that I ride past almost certainly more frequently than I ride past the place where I actually do vote.  I was looking for a "vote here" place other than the one I usually post.
I made about 3 360s there in the street getting it lined up the way I wanted.  What I wanted was a view of the "vote here" complementing the "register for hockey".

As can readily be assumed based upon the size of the lettering of the two signs, here on the tundra we often take hockey registration much more seriously than voting.

When I voted today there was only a single school board election, four candidates, vote for up to three.

On a day like that maybe hockey registration IS more important.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Amusing commentary. Likely a grain of truth to it, too.

Nice bench.

Mrs. Smith said...

Before I read your commentary under the picture of Langford Park. I was thinking how much smaller the Vote Here sign was than the Register for Hockey sign.
Voting did not seem too important today but I am glad did.

Din Soster said...

That "free space" concept got me thinking -- November has quite a few. Election day, the end of daylight saving time, TJ's birthday, Thanksgiving and (pretty much always) the first measurable snowfall. Nice traditions, all. I could add rotting pumpkins to that list, as well. Thanks for the boost -- that helps.