Sunday, November 8, 2015

Still something happening here

Sunny and a little warmer today but maybe the absolute worst wind ever.  It was almost blow me off the bicycle wind coming pretty much from the south.

But 59 at the Cattle Barn and on Sunday afternoon when the local professional football team is playing at home features as near to deserted streets as you are likely to find during the daylight hours, I set out to ride into the wind.

First I circled around to the other side of the field to get a closer look at this:
Mostly I would be inclined to say something like I am pretty sure softball season is over except that those girls probably looked at me and said something like I am pretty bike season is over.

But bicycling is not over.  In fact, 59 in November got quite a few members of the family out.  At one point . . . oh, never mind.  Complaining about them isn't going to change a thing.

But I was riding south because I wanted another look at the Falls before they move outside of my range.
I took a class on digital SLR cameras that came free with my new camera.  The instructor talked me into getting a polarizing filter by suggesting that any time you need sunglasses outside probably so does your camera.

Well, it isn't possible to fit a polarizing filter onto a cheap pocket camera but it sure looks to me like my camera needed sunglasses on this shot.  I think for sure a polarizing filter would have produced a better photo.  On the other hand, there were at least half a dozen people within a few feet of me when I took that shot who were holding up their phones.

If the weather holds . . .

I was checking my bike log and it says for last year on November 10, winter storm.  So the truth is the season could end literally overnight.  But if the weather holds just a little bit longer . . .

3 comments:

Santini said...

The Falls are moving?

Lovely looking day where you are, wind or not.

Gino said...

Well, my range is about to be dramatically truncated. The Falls will be outside of the new range. My range is moving, doesn't that mean that the Falls are moving outside of my range?

Santini said...

Sure.

It's a cool shot of the Falls, too. The sunburst effect gives it a slightly holy effect.

Sunglasses for your camera, eh?

Phones aren't cameras.