Thursday, November 5, 2015

And two photos from 2010

My brother's "bucket list" included trips to all four of the tennis grand slam tournaments.

In 2010 we went to the one in Paris.

While we were there we did a bunch of other stuff and here are two photos from May 21, 2010, both taken by me, one taken with his camera, one taken with mine.  As previously explained it was me who had a laptop along, all of the internet posting was done on my laptop, at the end of the trip I had all of the photos from his camera on my computer.

On the original post Jim says that I described this photo as being of the two oldest objects in Paris.  The oldest being that stump of what had to have been a remarkably ancient old tree and the second oldest being that not particularly old guy standing on top of the stump.  In 2010 he was 68, not very old at all.
 Later on that same day (you can tell it was later on because he had by this time of day been able to remove his rain coat/jacket) we were walking down the main street of town.
We had a good group that year, the four of us had lots and lots of fun.  Everyone who was there will recognize this photo.
One member of our party always took the stairs, the rest of us took the elevator.

5 comments:

BDE said...

That was such a fun trip in every regard: sight-seeing, the food, the tennis, and all the laughter. I love these photos and of course recognize the last one of the staircase that I went up every time we returned to the apartment. I could hear the three of you laughing in the elevator.

Santini said...

"The two oldest objects in Paris" sounds typically Jim. I clicked through to the original post, and it has some other cool, typical Jim stuff in it. Near the end he complains about looking "geezerish" (typical again) and then quotes Mom's (Lillie's Red Devil's Food) cake recipe. "That is as it should be." ("The batter will be thin" precedes it.)


Good stuff.

Emily M said...

Ah, those stairs bring back memories. I may need to find the corresponding elevator photos.

Santini said...

Gino -- You'll always have the living room at 2 am. Fascinating what nuggets show up in these old stories on the blogs.

Gino said...

I believe this post clamors for elevator photos.

At 2am on the second day in Paris we were both in fairly severe jet lag. It was at that moment only about 7pm where our bodies were used to sleeping.