Sunday, November 29, 2015

Is anyone at the plant still monitoring this site?

I know some of you still look in at least once in a while, I have had a comment from the Guitar Guy this month.

Thanks, Marz, nice to hear from you.  I will see you, I hope, at the Festivus gathering.

There was this moment several years ago after management alerted us that they were going to be coming around to take photos for a "staff photo directory".

I was a little surprised.  There are quite obvious privacy implications, they really, really cannot do that.

There are also obvious implications for me as a taxpayer in this state.  They really, really cannot do that and if the state gets sued over some bit or piece of it the state will lose.  We all know that when the state has to pay the taxpayers are the people who actually pony up the cash.  If the state has to pay I as a taxpayer will participate in the actual paying.

But my options directly on the issue of the photo were really none, other than scheduling a time for the staff photographer to come by.

So I staged my photo.  I brought a costume to work that day and when the photographer showed up I requested privacy for a few moments while I changed.
No, really, that's what I actually looked like most days at work.  You can tell it is true because behind my right hand (notable for the bicycle glove tan line) you can see the edges of my work ID.  Also you can see that on my left wrist I have my gold watch, a watch I only wore to work.  And which I now wear only for "formal" occasions.  For daily time keeping I much prefer the plastic Casio analog.

That's my FC Nantes futbol jersey.

Today in Nantes FC Nantes played a nil-nil draw with SC Bastia.  After week 15 Nantes stands 10th in the table.  Paris Saint-Germain is running away with the league title this season, leading second place Caen by 13 points at this juncture.  PSG also has a +29 goal differential.

Allez Nantes.  Vive la France.

4 comments:

Santini said...

That looks a lot like your travelling clothes.

Ram Air Surge Ports?

Mrs. Smith said...

Excellent photo and story.

jilrubia said...

OH MY!! I missed this post. You would not believe that just a couple of days ago I was telling someone about Tennessen warnings!!!! Thanks to you, I will never, ever, ever forget THAT. Shoot, it seems I can no longer locate my staff directory (probably for the best) but I did find my nicely framed "LAM First Teamwork Certificate" for staff directory production! Dated 9/30/99. On the back was a description of the bottle of Dead Red Unwine that was also part of the gift! Yahoo for the olden days! BTW, Congrats...such exciting times for the family!

jilrubia said...

Related to my comment that hasn't appeared yet...I was AGAIN thinking of Tennessen warnings as it pertains to body cameras on police officers. I would LOVE to pop up at a hearing about this and throw that baby out there! :) Merry Pagan Ritual Holiday Fest to you and yours!!