Wednesday, November 4, 2015

One of the twelve Paris locations used for the film "Gigi".

At least that is what "Sim Carter" says in her comment about this photograph in this post from the trip by my brother and I to Paris in 2011.
Photo by Jim Miller.

2011?

So long ago.  So long ago that it was still a time when not every single person traveled with some sort of personal device. So long ago that only one of us had a notebook computer along on the trip.  So long ago that all of the posting to the internet that occurred on that trip had to be done on my laptop.  Which means that all of the photos he took on that trip are archived on MY laptop computer.  Probably his as well, after he got home, but I do have them.

According to Sim Carter:  "You've captured just the spot that Louis Jourdan stood in during his singing of the titular song."

So that's pretty cool.

3 comments:

Santini said...

Thanks, Gino. Reading the old posts and comments is like reliving a conversation.

Those 2011 Paris photos are great -- and I love the ducks in the foreground of this one.

Mrs. Smith said...

That's a great park and I love the Medici Fountain.

Emily M said...

I have seen this photo several times and yet this is the first time I've noticed the ducks. Nice.