Monday, June 13, 2011

Still no lake ride

The GRider is nearly ready for the trip out to the lakes but not quite yet. The corn field, on the other hand, is only about 3/8ths of a mile from out front door.We may have to call for a neutral evaluator. It looks to me that corn is nearly knee high already.

The women's world cup in soccer begins soon. In anticipation I checked in on a couple of the football sites that I visit regularly. Well, imagine my surprise. FC Nantes has hired yet another new coach. This is a shocker because while they had only one coach last season, the team employed three different coaches the season before that and two the season before that. Good luck to the new staff.

The wreckage of the last four season continues to grow. In addition to the new coach, no fewer than 12 players from last season have been listed as transfers out, each with the cryptic notation, contract ended. The plan apparently is new coach, all new players. Most observers of any professional sport will agree that this is a plan which almost never works. It almost always leads not to successful on the field results but instead to another new coach and more new players. Good luck to the new players.

3 comments:

Santini said...

It must have been much warmer where you two were riding than it was here. My first thought when I saw the photo of GRider was 'brrr.' My second thought was, 'she looks great.'

GRider said...

Ah, thanks, Santini. I try. BTW, I did ride farther than the 3/8 of a mile to the corn field. Today was my first 20 mile day and it was WINDY but fun.

Anonymous said...

My first thought was 'she looks great'...
My second was 'it must be cold'...
;p