Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Second season

An often heard criticism of Minnesota is that there are only two seasons: winter and road construction. Today was most definitely not winter so it must have been road construction. I had to stop TWICE to clean the debris off my tires and in fact, the second stop came about a block and a half after the first stop.

Dodging the streets with sticky tar led me off the usual routes but not very far at all from the usual places to ride. What happened was that I dodged over towards Rice Street to get the tire menace which only meant that I ended up riding the eight lakes tour in reverse direction. Reverse direction is always interesting because I end up seeing pretty familiar locations from an unfamiliar perspective.

Sucker Lake has a much more North Woods look when approached from the south.Sharp eyed viewers will note that there is a bench in this photo, something you don't see very often in the North Woods.

I also got in some practice for France when I encountered this roundabout at the northern part of the Sucker Lake park. It doesn't look like an official international roundabout sign but it pretty clearly is a stay to the right and go around sign.I see that intersection and that signage fairly often but it just seems more interesting from this angle with the park building in the background.

Today was a really nice day.

1 comment:

Santini said...

I think that really sharp eyed viewers would find a second bench, behind the round about sign?